CHEA Announces New and Reelected Board Members
(Washington, DC) – At the Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), held April 27-28 in Washington, D.C., the board voted to elect three new members and to reelect six members. The changes will take effect on July 1, 2009.
The new board members are:
Leland and Snyder will serve a three-year term from 2009-2012. Swenson will serve a two-year term from 2009-2011.
The returning board members are:
- Larry L. Earvin, President & CEO, Huston-Tillotson University
- George D. Gollin, Professor of Physics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Madlyn L. Hanes, Chancellor, Penn State Harrisburg
- William E. Kirwan, Chancellor, The University System of Maryland
- Chris McCarthy, President, Napa Valley College
- Mary Ann P. Swain, Provost, State University of New York at Binghamton
Returning board members will serve a three-year term from 2009-2012.
"These new and returning members of CHEA’s board join a distinguished roster of board members in their work on behalf of CHEA’s 3,000 member higher education institutions," noted CHEA President Judith Eaton. "We are grateful to all those who serve on CHEA’s Board of Directors for their dedication to and support for higher education accreditation."
# # #
A national advocate and institutional voice for self-regulation of academic quality through accreditation, CHEA is an association of 3,000 degree-granting colleges and universities and recognizes 60 institutional and programmatic accrediting organizations. For more information, visit CHEA’s Website at www.chea.org.